Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

sarebear
My Device: Bold 9700

memory card recognition

I have a memory card in my bb, and every once in a while a message will randomly come up on the screen saying 'memory card removed' and it thinks the memory card has been taken out. Sometimes it will say 'memory card added' a few minutes after being 'removed' but other times I have to actually remove and re-insert my memory card for it to recognize it. Is there something I can do or do I need to get my bb fixed?
Contributor
hereticalhermit
My Device: Not Specified

Re: memory card recognition

I can think of two things, both of which are only indirect solutions. (1) Lobby for the right to have a democratic process that will allow for the revocation of business licenses for companies that make trash or who don't serve the public interest (2) Get another brand. One would think these idiots would have figured out the bugs by now and be able to offer something that actually works. Same goes for any microsoft stuff. Sorry I can't actually be helpful here, but these overpriced pieces of junk that are being foisted upon the public by uncaring corporations really piss me off.
beatle1984
My Device: Bold 9000

hereticalhermit your comment is completely useless. dont post unless you have an actual answer to a technical question. no one wants to hear your rants.

beatle1984
My Device: Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

Hey ya im having the same problem. i dont know if its a hardware issue like the memory card is maybe loose, bad connection or if its a software problem. seems to be hardware because when my hand is close by or when its in a certain position it seems to do this. but anyone who has an answer this would be much appreciated! I think i ll try to put a little piece of tape on the micro sd so that it has a tighter fit. ill let you know if it fixes it. 

- i just put a piece of tape on it and also tightened all the screws and now it doesnt say "memory card removed" when i push on that area- so if its hardware this could fix it. ill have to use it for a while and let you know if it happens again. if not this could be a quick fix as long as you have the proper screwdriver to tighten them.