Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

need help updating to OS 7.1.0

Everytime I try to update my software,it says that I can't update because I don't have a wi-fi connection,and there's no way I can get one. Is it possible to update without wi-fi?I downloaded the update file which is over 240mb with my phone. I installed it on my pc,but how do I get it on my phone? I opened desktop manager,went to "device-update",but it seems like I need a internet connection. I searched google for a way to install it and I found a site where they say I should go to "program files/common files/research in motion/apploader",and run "Loader.exe" to get the update. But it didn't help. It just backed up my phone and restored the back up. Is there any way to update to OS 7.1.0 without an pc internet/wi-fi connection? Please help.
Solutions: 6,071
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: need help updating to OS 7.1.0

IF you have truly downloaded the 7.1 to your PC... then double click on that *.exe file to install that file to your PC.

1. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
2. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

GarethTronique wrote:
 I should go to "program files/common files/research in motion/apploader",and run "Loader.exe" to get the update. But it didn't help.

If you don't find that loader.exe file in that folder, then you have NOT installed the device OS to your PC as instructed above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes,I installed it. I opened Loader.exe. It shows my PIN,I click next. Then it shows all the downloaded apps I have on my phone. I click next again,then it ask if I want to delete apps and backup my phone. I only do the backup,then it restores my back up. That's all it does. It doesnt update anything at all. Is there something I'm not doing right?
New Contributor

It only asks to delete apps and make backup when I click on "advanced". So now I didn't click on advanced,I just clicked next. Within a second I was notified that my software have been updated which is impossible. No 290mb file can install within a second.

The you either have not installed the OS file to your PC, or you have not deleted the vendor.xml file as directed, or you've downloaded and installed a file for another model BlackBerry.

So... please tell me the exact name of the OS file you have downloaded to your PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

9360M_PBr7.1.0_rel1133_PL9.6.0.51_A7.1.0.336_Cell_C.exe.

Cell C is my service provider,I got it from their website.I installed the file,then after some struggling,uninstalled and reinstalled. I deleted did delete the vendor.xml

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files

do you see a folder of 9360M_7.1.0.336... or something close to that?

In that folder, you should see two folders, one named Java and another. Is the Java folder full of *.cod files?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes,over 1800 .cod files