Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

kaj128
My Device: Torch 9800

rec'd email from blackberry Verify

I rec'd an email on my blackberry earlier, and it said I needed to Validate the emai address.  I want to find out if this is a hoax before I proceed, however it appears that emails are not going through. Please advise

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: rec'd email from blackberry Verify

It should be legitimate. To make sure, you can go to your Email Settings and if you select the email address that required validation, it should prompt you to re-enter your email password.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: rec'd email from blackberry Verify

As you know, your phone logs in to your email account, retrieves your messages and pushes them to your phone.  If ever there is a problem with logging in to that email account, your phone will prompt you to verify your password.  Some email providers (such as hotmail) require you to validate your email password every so often no matter what so it could be that as well.

I hope my response, as well as Krypto's, has helped you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.