Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Trusted Contributor
melihlevent
My Device: 9000

service book contents

hi all,

do you know a service book what contains? (bis)

do you have a article or documents?

thanks

best regard

Blackberry support teams in linkedin ...join
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2785187&trk=anet_ug_hm

For Russian
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3183812&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1278482273982_1
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: service book contents

From the Knowledge Base here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03151

Note: For information on service books that do not appear in the table below, contact your wireless service provider.

Service Book Functionality
5 Click [BrowserConfig]
  • Contains settings that are used by the E-mail Settings icon to create a new BlackBerry® Internet Service account or maintain an existing one
5 Click [IPPP] or 5 Click [WAP]
  • Contains routing information that is used by the E-mail Settings icon for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts
Browserconfig for IPPP [BrowserConfig]
  • Contains settings for the BlackBerry Internet Browser Service such as a preconfigured homepage or bookmarks
IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
  • Contains information about BlackBerry Internet Browser Service routing information

Desktop [ALP] or BlackBerry [ALP]*

• Contains information that is required to perform wireless Global Address Book searches
Desktop [BBIM] or BlackBerry [BBIM]*
  • Contains the record information that is used to send instant messages with an enterprise instant messaging service such as Microsoft® Office Live Communications Server
Desktop [BrowserConfig] or BlackBerry [BrowserConfig]*
  • Contains settings for the BlackBerry® Browser such as preconfigured homepage or bookmarks
Desktop [CICAL] or BlackBerry [CICAL]*
  • Contains information that is required for BlackBerry wireless calendar operations
Desktop [CMIME] or BlackBerry [CMIME]*
  • Contains information that is required to send messages and perform functions such as wireless email message reconciliation
Desktop [IPPP] or BlackBerry [IPPP]*
  • Contains information that is required to use and browse the Internet using the BlackBerry® Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS)
Desktop [SYNC] or BlackBerry [SYNC]*
  • Contains information that is used to wirelessly synchronize organizer databases and to wirelessly back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data

Note: The BlackBerry smartphone must be running BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.0 or later and be connected to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.0 or later.

Provisioning [Provisioning]
  • Contains information that is used to turn on or off the Enterprise Activation icon for BlackBerry Device Software version 4.0 and later
MMS Transport [WAP]
  • Contains information that is required to send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages over Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 1.x
MMS Transport [WPTCP]
  • Contains infromation that is required to send MMS messages over WAP 2.x
MMS client [MMS]
  • Contains information regarding the wireless provider's MMS settings
WAP Browser [BrowserConfig]
  • Contains settings for the WAP Browser such as a preconfigured homepage or bookmarks
WAP Transport [WAP]
  • Contains information that is required to connect to a wireless provider's WAP 1.x gateway
WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
  • Contains information that is required to connect to a wireless provider's WAP 2.x gateway
WAP Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
  • Contains information that is used to setup a WAP-push connection on a BlackBerry smartphone for WAP dependent applications and is also used for new MMS message notifications sent using WAP Push
Web Client [CMIME]
  • Contains information that is required to send messages and perform functions such as wireless email reconciliation with the BlackBerry Internet Service version 1.8

Note: BlackBerry Internet Service version 1.8 is no longer available and has been replaced by the BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.x.

Yahoo Messenger [YHO]
  • Contains the record information that is used to send instant messages using the Yahoo!® Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones client

Note: This service book is available from the wireless service provider.

<Retail_Instant_Messaging_Application> [BBIMConfig]
  • Contains configuration and carrier information for a retail instant messaging application and is also used in the creation of the [KEYNOGO] service book
<Retail_Instant_Messaging_Application> [BBIM]
  • Contains information that is required for sending instant messages with a retail instant messaging application
<Retail_Instant_Messaging_Application> [KEYNOGO]
  • Contains information that is used for the encryption and decryption of instant messages that are sent using a retail instant messaging application

For example, the algorithm used by Google Talk™ for BlackBerry smartphones application is Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bits.

<your_email_address> [CMIME]
  • Contains information that is required to send email messages and perform functions such as wireless email reconciliation with the BlackBerry Internet Service
<your_email_address> [CICAL]
  • Contains information that is required for BlackBerry wireless calendar operations with the BlackBerry Internet Service running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2 or later

* The service books marked with an asterisk appear on the BlackBerry smartphone with either Desktop or BlackBerry in the title. Additionally, they are named according to the message service display name in BlackBerry Redirector Settings which is a part of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. Although the names are different, both service books function in exactly the same way.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
melihlevent

[ Edited ]

thanks your answer do you know bes and bis service books have same features.

I know only difference desktop cmime service books?

best regard

For Russian
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3183812&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1278482273982_1
Please use plain text.
JSanders

There is a slight language barrier here, I know, but I don't understand what this means:

melihlevent wrote:

I know only difference desktop cmime service books?

For the BES service books, you might search the Knowledge Base articles, and find such a document, same as I did above for the BIS Service Books.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
melihlevent

:smileyhappy: sorry

what is the different between bes and bis service book.

I know only difference ''desktop service book''

and sometimes we cant get windows live messenger and we send service book and get it.

But ı cant see this service book in table.:smileysad:

best regard

For Russian
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Did you read this note at the very bottom of my post?

"* The service books marked with an asterisk appear on the BlackBerry smartphone with either Desktop or BlackBerry in the title. Additionally, they are named according to the message service display name in BlackBerry Redirector Settings which is a part of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. Although the names are different, both service books function in exactly the same way."

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhilounge
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: All about Service Books

melihlevent wrote:

hi all,

do you know a service book what contains? (bis)

do you have a article or documents?

thanks

service books contains information like I.P address and port number address of Bis server. If Bis is configured then the request goes thru BIS server. Desktop [cical] is Bes email id calender service books and Desktop [cmime] mails service books that contains BES ip address and port number....

If MDS if configured on the service the request for all th apps goes thru MDS server and so the ip addres present in the service books is of MDS server then thru proxt server of the organization...

If MDS is not installed on BES then the apps and browsing request goes thru BIS server...

Please use plain text.