11-28-2013 07:09 PM
I have been notified to update my software n did so however tge session was said to be interrupted n now I have list all memory card storage as well as the ability to access my contract info. I am also unable to use my BBM whatsapp n texts or email I do however have access to my browser. I have contacted my network provider n they are unable to assist me at this time as there technical department is unavailable. Is there anything else I can do... need help ASAP thanks
11-30-2013 11:28 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Given what you describe, I'd deduce that the update did not properly complete, and therefore must be redone from the beginning. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!