Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

stop OWA invites from getting on to BB calender

I use gmail and google calendar on my blackberry. My work outlook syncs with google calendar and the BB syncs my calendar. That all works fine

I also have an outlook web access connection to my work email.  When I get work emails that are appointment invites they show up on the BB calendar. This happens even if I don’t accept them. Just the fact that there is an email coming to by BB that is an invite gets them on my calendar. Then the next time my BB syncs with my Google calendar I end up with duplicate appointments for all items that I received invites for via my OWA account.

Is there a way I can stop these work invites from ending up on my calendar. I just the OWA email. Even if the invites showed up in my BB message list that would be fine – I just don’t want them to make their way to my calendar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: stop OWA invites from getting on to BB calender

Hey mgray,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If these appointments are sent through your OWA email, and have the email account setup as OWA for the BlackBerry Internet Service, then the appointment will arrive in the email on the BlackBerry.

However if you accept it in OWA it will not add it to your BlackBerry calendar.

Can you send a private message with your PIN message so I can check to make sure there is nothing wrong with the BIS account.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: stop OWA invites from getting on to BB calendar

i think you misunderstood. I receive appointments in my owa email. Whether I accept them or not they show up on my BB calendar. I want to receive OWA email but do not want any appointments to go directly to my bb calendar.

My bb calendar is kept up to date via my gmail account calendar which syncs via outlook and gmail using google calendar sync for windows. I have to do this because I don't think OWA will not sync my Outlook calendar directly (there is no option for it under the email account like there is for gmail).

Thanks for the help

New Contributor

Also - I am not sure what a PIN message is or how to send it to you to check

thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the quick reply.  

This is a very weird issue that's for sure.  Just to make sure there is no problems with the BlackBerry Internet Service I would suggest you remove and re-add the OWA account.

Then test by having a calendar invite sent to your OWA account, again you will receive the invite on the BB but you will need to deny the appointment.

Hopefully we're on the same page now. Smiley Happy

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor

If i deny it will the deny response go to the sender? I dont what that to happen. Or will I still be able to accept it via outlook?

Even within outlook appointments show up on my calender as tenative before I accept or deny and that is fine. I just dont want them to go to my BB calender accept via my gmail account (and outlook/gmail sync on the PC).