Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Sweep
My Device: Not Specified

uncaught exception net_rim_bb_facebook_lib(240)

Hi, I have a new bold 9900, great phone.

I am having a problem with facebook though: my inbox is full of notifications going back for weeks, and when I try to delete them i get the error: "uncaught exception net_rim_bb_facebook_lib(240)". The app itself workd ok. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the fbook app, but the same problem reoccurs. I if i uncleck the potion for email notifications they go away, but obviously that defeats the purpose of having eveything neatly integrated.

Any ideas for what I should do?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: uncaught exception net_rim_bb_facebook_lib(240)

Have you tried other versions of Facebook and still having the same problem? After your deleted/reinstall are you doing a hard-rest (pulling out the battery)?

Basically this module is corrupt and maybe there is a bug on your phone system. If it is under contract before attempting crazy things I recommend you to go with the phone to your service provider to have it checked
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennileeSeconna
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Hi   I have a blackberry 8520, 3 days ago I downloaded th...

Hi

I have a blackberry 8520, 3 days ago I downloaded the latest version of Facebook 2.0.0.37.

I got a notification on my phone saying Facebook upgrade which I did to the version above.

Its very frustrating because I don't get any notifications at all.

I deleted Facebook just over 10 times now and re-installed it many times through the Facebook website even through my application world / centre.

I changed the options / settings to allow.

I marked all the boxes for receive notifications - still nothing came through.

I changed my option - applications - third party (moved to) add on facebook. I changed my RIM (Permission) to Allow.

Still nothing comes through, its frustrating to me I removed my sim card many times. Reboot my phone a thousand times.

I prefer the older version of Facebook.

Please tell me either how to load the old Facebook back onto my phone or how to get my notification onto my phone like the old facebook use to send me!

Thanks

Jenni :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107

Sorry about that, amazingly I had problems with 1.9 not the new one. It seems unfortunate, the 1.9 is no longer that accessible. Have you tried to Google it? Search for "Facebook 1.9 download"
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107

Try http://mobile.blackberry.com change country to worldwide, it should show the version1.9

Try my apps:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennileeSeconna
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Hi Ben

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me where to change it to world wide.

As said im new to bb and dont really know where to find or make changes.

Please help

THanks

Jenni

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107

On you mobile browser, bottom left there is the option. Just change to worldwide. You can also try this link http://www.bb-mobile.com/file-bb/app/Facebook-1.9. 0.28/OS5/FB.jad

Try my apps:
Please use plain text.
diddyM84
My Device: curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: sa

Hi, my bb 9300 is giving me problems, since yesterday when I try to make calls it says "uncaught exception: applicationregistry, pls wait,time out" and because of this I cannot make or receive calls
Please use plain text.
jsmjr
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I've long had this problem with Facebook.  9000, then 9700, and now 9900.  The problem is that, apparently because of this error, the Notifications Bar on the home screen (and elsewhere, in-app) becomes frozen with respect to any Facebook alerts.  That is, if there were three unread FB messages, it will stay that way and you cannot clear them manually.  Furthermore, new FB messages will not generate additional notification counts.  Rebooting usually clears up this problem, but it's a serious pain, and I can't believe they still haven't fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stonecoldw
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: boostmobile

Go 2 m.facebook.com
Please use plain text.