Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Nasuha
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: maxis

update software

hello, i have a problem with my bold 9900. i cannot using my phone because i need to update my software. so, when update the software using dekstop software, its failed. what can i do? 

this is what it said.  "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: update software

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Indeed, that error message is clear -- you are not subscribed, from your mobile service provider, to a data plan adequate to allow you automated access to these updates. But, there is a trick...

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Disconnect your PC from internet connectivity

6) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nasuha

thanks for every thing but still, its not working :smileysad:
okay, the first step; how can i uninstall from pc, any bb os packges?
i followed all steps but the result is still the same, they said i am not subcribed. help meeeee, :smileysad:((
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

In order to help you, I need clarity from you...exactly what happens at each step. For example:

Nasuha wrote:
okay, the first step; how can i uninstall from pc, any bb os packges?

That is a clear question from you...and it's a Windows thing. If you know how to remove apps from Windows, you go into that and remove any BB OS packages that you might have installed. If there are none, then there's nothing to remove. If you don't know how to do this in Windows, then stop now and seek help for how to operate Windows...

Nasuha wrote:

i followed all steps but the result is still the same, they said i am not subcribed.

And that is much less clear...if you actually performed step 5 that I listed (with, of course, having also properly completed steps 2 through 4), then the result should not be the same. But, since you only reported specifics regarding Step 1 of what I provided to you, I can only be guessing. I cannot see your BB nor your computer---I have only your words to guide me, so I need you to be clear and complete. You may also want to be sure that all of your BB's mobile network radios (mobile carrier network, WiFi, BT, etc.) are all turned OFF. You may also have to remove the SIM (though that's quite rare) so that your BB cannot be "seen" as associated to any carrier network -- this is how you are trying to "trick" the software to not try to compare your BB against any required carrier data plan for qualification for this update.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nasuha

okay this is the story; my bb's battery is completely drained. so i charged it . but it cannot ON as usuall. at the screen stated 'Error 561. for further info please go to www.blackberry.com/561'
so i go there

okay this is exactly what i did,(sorry because my english is bad)
1st)i connect my bb to pc. then, pop up this 'bb dekstop software cannot communicate with connected device
2nd)i clicked update (this is what i get from www.blackberry.com/507)
3rd)then, it stated "confirm device repair'' (if i continue perform this task, i might loses the data) so i clicked repair
4th)then its 'checking for bb device software updates' okay i waited about 5 mins
5th)then its stated there, 'there is no bb device software update availables'' so i click view other version
6th) i chose the recommended version then install
lastly, this again ""This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

all this steps or guidelines i got from http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/install-pc.html#/h:/support/apps-and-software/ins...

i hope u understand. sorry for troubling you
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nasuha

i cannot switch off the wifi bluetooth etc because i cannot turn on it.. ive already remove the SIM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you for the details. The process you've conducted is completely different from what I recommended. The process you've conducted depends on the success of the automatic methods...and, as I stated earlier, those depend on you being subscribed to an adequate data plan from your carrier, which you are not (hence, the error message presented). Consequently, you need to conduct the "trick" method that I gave you above so as to bypass the automatic methods and force the use of the specific BBOS package that you download and install to your PC.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.