Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
malove
My Device: 9300 curve

updating current software

Will any problems occur if I choose to update my software or will it just work better, because I'm currently using v5.0.0.846.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: updating current software

Hi malove,

There is no issue in updating ur OS, provided u do it following the correct procedure...

Updating OS is always better, u get new features and the look changes too...with updated OS, u can use many more Apps as now a days new Apps work better in a updated OS... 

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums malove! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

Here is a KB article that may help you out  Update Device OS using Desktop Software

I suggest getting into the habit of  Backing Up Your Device  so you can always Restore your Device Data  should that become necessary.  There are lots of great users here to help when and if you have any questions.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
otenia2
My Device: blackbery curve 8130

How do I update my blackberry without using a destop?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

otenia2 wrote:
How do I update my blackberry without using a destop?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The only alternative is OTA (Over The Air) updates, and those are controlled by your mobile service provider...if they have an update for you, they will notify you on the device. Read this for further information:

• KB15631 What is a wireless BlackBerry Smartphone Software update

Also check your user manual to find the proper menu selections for you to check yourself, without waiting for your carrier to notify you.

However, check also here:

Find your carrier and device, then see what OS levels they support. Compare that to what your BB is already running:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you are already running the latest that your carrier supports, then there is nothing you can do OTA. If another carrier has released something newer for your BB, you must use the Desktop Software methods (and tricks) in order to use their OS package.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.