Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

upgrading software on blackberry curve 8320

I was having issues with my curve, the hourglass would not go away as if it were loading something when there was nothing to load and i was not getting any of my email messages. I called T-mobile earlier today and they suggested I update on my software which they were right I needed to do.

I went through the whole process of downloading it on my cputer and then connected my blackberry and installing it. I made sure to click the box that said to backup and store all of my data so that it would put it all back on once it was done updating. It went through and removed everythign and updated and the very alst step which was so put everything back on had an error. it told me it could not complete the process. 

I'm assuming I now have NO software on my phone because there is nothing showing up except a white screen with a picture in the middle with looks like a square application box and it has 3 small shapes in it with a circle and a line through the whole thing (error) and underneath it says "561". when i plug it in to my desktop manager it doesnt recognize it and does not connect to it.

I really need help figuring this out , i'm traveling away from home right now and I have no other phone to use and no idea if there is a tmobile anywhere near me. 

Contributor

Re: upgrading software on blackberry curve 8320

hi stacy,

i got the same problem...error 561 upon installing the upgrade software...did you make it work? thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello,

please read the following article from the public knowledge base :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12485
Error 507 is misread as Error 561

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

hi..

thanks for the link..