Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

yahoo messenger offline messages on Blackberry Pearl

I'm having issues getting all of my offline messages on Yahoo Messenger on my Blackberry Pearl.  If the same contact leaves me multiple messages, let's say 1 message per day on Monday - Friday, and I sign in to YM on my blackberry on Saturday, I only get the message left on Friday.  The messages left on Monday - Thursday aren't showing up.  I even tried to login to a PC to see if I can retrieve the messages there but they're totally gone.  I've had several friends asking me if I got their messages and that's how i found out about this problem.   I don't want to leave YM signed on all the time and in most cases, checking my messages on a PC isn't an option. Is there a different YM version that I can download or is there an option that i have to turn on or whatever to resolve this? 

I already reported this issue with Yahoo but I was told to check with RIM as they are the ones that developed it.

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: yahoo messenger offline messages on Blackberry Pearl

I've raised this with RIM and they basically told me that the program wasn't written the same way as the PC.  There's no solution to my problem other than for me to sign in to YM and leave it signed in so that I can get all of my messages.  It might be something they'll fix in the future but there's no guarantee.

Have to comment that the whole experience I've had with their team in trying to resolve this issue was pretty horrible.   I've spent a few days emailing them back and forth and troubleshooting with them over the phone only to end up with no solution to my issue.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: yahoo messenger offline messages on Blackberry Pearl

I'm deprived from using yahoo messenger in my region!!! I wish I could be lucky like you guys...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit