Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

stevenic1956
My Device: Not Specified

youtube

Is there anyway to watch youtube videos on the curve without downloading to the computor first then transfering to the blackberry?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: youtube

I think it may depend partly on your carrier. I know a friend of mine has ATT and she cannot watch youtube on her CURVE. I have verizon and I can. 

Check with your provider - and I am sure others will know a whole lot more than me!!!

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
nerolijasmine
My Device: 9800

It has to do with your device software. Only users with device software 4.5 and above can view streaming videos. Also, you need to ensure you have either 3G or Wifi connectivity.

If you have device software 4.5 but no 3G or Wifi connectivity, you won't be able to watch streaming videos. This is because of the data transmission needing faster network connectivity.

To check if you have device software 4.5, go to Options or Settings from your BlackBerry HomeScreen -> About. Usually the 3rd line will indicate the device software version. (v4.2... or v4.5..)

If you are using a older version, you should be able to upgrade to v4.5 from your Carrier's website.

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I was able to view streaming video with 4.3 at Verizon.  My Friend who called ATT told her that ATT didnt support it.  Not sure what all that means.  

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: 9700

Depends on the carrier... In Canada, you can stream on a Telus and Rogers Blackberry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rtaranto
My Device: Not Specified

Hello.

I´m new here and in the blackberry world...  :smileyhappy:

I´ve just bought the blackberry bold on monday.

I´m having the same problem. I´ve already tryed to access using the wifi conection, but I can´t watch even if I use my wifi conection....

I´m using Vivo operator in Brazil.

Does anybody can help me with this issue?

Do you know if when I unlock my BB, I can do more things then simply be able to change operator?

Best regards,

Raphael

Please use plain text.