Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
kaiguy13
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Adding user to BlackBerry Manager

Hello everyone,

So I am a new IT guy that just graduated from school; I've been at my current job for barely over a month and I'm the only person in their IT department. The previous guy didn't really teach or tell me anything about the BES that we have set up on our Exchange server, and I have zero experience using BlackBerries or BES outside of work.

One of our employees recently switched to a BlackBerry and is trying to get his E-mail set up, which is requiring an Enterprise Activation code. Using google, I found I could do that from the BlackBerry Manager I found on our Exchange server. After starting it up, there was a MAPI issue which I was able to resolve.

However, my new issue is that everytime I try to add a new user to the Users tab, I can go through the GAL, select and add the user, but nothing shows up on the User tab. The only thing I see on it currently it just one user, who I assume is the only one still using a BlackBerry from when my predecessors were still around.

What can I do to go about resolving this issue?

The new user has a BlackBerry Curve 9300, and I think our BES is v4.1.

Let me know if there's any other information I can try to find in order to help with this problem.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Adding user to BlackBerry Manager

are you loggin on as BESAdmin?

has the user ever been on BES?

possible he was deleted once and it did not finish and you need to drop him

If user is stuck in pending delete, you can drop user from database using the following:

1. Open command prompt
2. Type "osql -E"
3. 1>use BESMgmt
4. 2>go
5. 1>delete from userconfig where mailboxsmtpaddr=''user@domain.com''
6. 2>go

To verify if BlackBerry smartphone user accounts are queued for deletion, perform the following steps:

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand User.

1. Click Manage Users.

1. In the Search for users menu, click Advanced search.

1. In the Email criteria section of the Advanced Search, select True in the Queued removal of BlackBerry services drop-down box.

1. Click Search.

BlackBerry smartphone users who are pending a deletion, but the process has not completed, will be displayed.

The BlackBerry smartphone user account can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry service by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the BlackBerry smartphone user that is displayed when searching for BlackBerry smartphone users that are Queued removal of BlackBerry services.

1. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaiguy13

Hi knottyrope,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I get <0 rows affected> when I perform the command lines instructions.

Also, I am unable to perform the other actions as I do not think I have BlackBerry Solution Management, only BlackBerry Manager.

The only tools I have all come from a folder called BlackBerry Professional Software.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you logging in as BESAdmin on teh server?

Is BPS installed on teh mail server or its own dedicated box?

can you access the MAGT log and see if any info can help us?

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaiguy13

So I was able to find an Express version of BES installed on our web server. The BES 4.1 might have run out of licenses or something, which would explain why I couldn't add more users.

I haven't been able to get into our BESx stuff yet, though, since it's asking for login credentials I don't know about. Hopefully I'll be able to find something after digging through all our documentation.

Thanks again for the help, and I'll be back if I run into any more issues after find the login info and getting into our BESx manager.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

this should help with BES express manuals and tutorials

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Enterprise+Server&...

Please use plain text.