Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

All 15 users cant sync address book!

[ Edited ]

Hello all, here is the situation

BES 4.1. 4.12 running on SBS 2003

I have 15 users and none of them can sync contacts. When a new user is activated the contacts do not populate, and when existing users try to make changes, the changes do not sync. I have tried the following things:

Resent service books (Desktop Sync and Desktop CMIME)

Removed user from BES and wiped the device

Verified that CDO.DLL is registered from my programfiles\exchsvr\bin directory

Tried to re-activate using CNFG from the Enterprise Activation Screen

Verified that the user I'm using to troubleshoot this issue has no blank contacts (brand new user with 1 contact only)

The problem obviously is that this is a issue that everyone is effected by, and not just one or two users. I have started looking through logs on my BES server, but unforuntately dont know what to look for.

I'm looking through the SYNC log file and the only things of interest are:

[SYNC-DSession] Backup's Time Zone Patch is not initialized, sync is not allowed.

[SYNC-DSession] Backup's Browser Options is not initialized, sync is not allowed.

{ExtUDPNtfThread::RenewSubscription}: DBNS did not receive database changes since last renewal.

[ENV] BlackBerry User Administration Service: NOT FOUND

In the Event Log i see:

[SYNC-DSession] Exchange connector doesn't exist in the SyncServer,  sync is not allowed. [username:28, SID=728177165, CLID=6, ECLID=2]

One more thing,on the blackberry I'm testing when you go to Address Book > Options - there is no wireless sync setting. its just blank.

So guys, anything else I can give you? =) I have been troubleshooting this since Monday and am starting to pull my hair out. Can you help me?

Message Edited by zytelnetworks on 07-24-2009 03:59 AM
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: All 15 users cant sync address book!

- i hope the BB sync servcie is started?

-are there correct permissions present on exch server for besadmin account as per KB02276?

-emails work both ways?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Thanks for the assistance.

Yes E-mail works both ways.

Calendar works both ways.

Yes the sync service is started.

I verified that the permissions in the KB are set

I also just upgraded to 4.1.6 with SP6 hoping that might help something.

Still nothing =/

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fixed my problem. For all 15 users I did the following:

Blackberry Manager > User Properties > PIM Sync > AddressBook, set syncronization enabled to false, apply it, wait 30 seconds, then set it back to true and apply it.

Not sure what happened, but after I flipped it back and then forth it pushed everything through.

I would hate to think what caused this, and how I would have responded if I have a few thousand users instead of just 15. =/

Anyone have any idea on the cause?

Message Edited by zytelnetworks on 07-25-2009 12:35 AM