Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Upstart
My Device: Not Specified

Any issue with new Exchange patch?

Hello to all...

Just wondering if anyone has had any issue with thier Exchange/BES interoperability after applying MS09-003/kb959239?

We are runing BES 4.1.6 with Exchange 2003.

Thanks.

G.

Please use plain text.
raethomas

Re: Any issue with new Exchange patch?

I applied KB959897 to one of our Exchange Servers in the early hours of this morning to test BlackBerry and found that we were unable to 'Send' from our BlackBerry devices any more.   This has happend with the previous critical Exchange patches as well so it didn't come as a great surprise.  Risk has currently been mitigated elswhere.  I would be interested to hear how other people are dealing with this.

Exchange 2003 SP2 (KB916803 & KB924334 Installed)

We are currently using BlackBerry Version 4.0.6.12 

Many thanks,

RT

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MattUK
My Device: All of them

Have applied the patch onto my UAT BES server and there has been no issue, but I would expect any issues to arise when the patch is applied to the Exchange backend which I cannot do yet.
==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

raethomas wrote:

I applied KB959897 to one of our Exchange Servers in the early hours of this morning to test BlackBerry and found that we were unable to 'Send' from our BlackBerry devices any more.   This has happend with the previous critical Exchange patches as well so it didn't come as a great surprise.  Risk has currently been mitigated elswhere.  I would be interested to hear how other people are dealing with this.

Exchange 2003 SP2 (KB916803 & KB924334 Installed)

We are currently using BlackBerry Version 4.0.6.12 

Many thanks,

RT

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10197&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04912&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02937&slic... 

might help

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
corvar

The problem is definitely permission based.  I was able to get around the problem in testing by adding to Domain Admins.  I verified that the BESAdmin user should have read permissions to the GAL, but I don't think it actually does.  When doing IEMSTest.exe, there were permission problems trying to grab the GAL.  I have not gone through reassigning all the permissions to the acct (per http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02276&sliceId=SAL_Pub...), but that will be my next step.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
corvar

Digging into this, our Exchange has a non-default GAL and the BESAdmin user did not have access to it.  After looking up what the defaul GAL was and assigning permissions for BESAdmin with ASDIEdit, everything works.  (The default GAL is located in the properties of CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com)
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what version BES and service pack level do you have corvar?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
corvar

4.1.5 and SP2.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chjm

Same Problem here!

Version 4.1.4.17 with Exchange 2003

Event manager shows --> Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    BlackBerry Messaging Agent xxxxxx Agent 1
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    20000
Date:        16.02.2009
Time:        10:24:02
User:        N/A
Computer:    xxxxxxx
Description:
{xxx@xxx.com} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=301584

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chjm

problem solution

Following helped me:

add the Blackberry admin to all users to have send as rights.

open active directory users and computers.

enable  under view "Advanced features"

open options of a blackberry user.

go to the security tab.

add the blackberry admin (besadmin in my case) and give him the right for "send as"

wait 30 min

that worked for me!

Please use plain text.