Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
trevstonbury25
My Carrier: Vodafone

Are you required to wipe blackberry handsets before activating against BES after mailbox migration..?

Good afternoon,

Perhaps someone can help me with this. We are currently in the process of migrating mailboxes over from Domain A with exchange 2003 to Domain B which has exchange 2007.

These will be linked mailboxes so users will still use their accounts in Domain A to authenticate on the domain but their mailboxes will be on Domain B but with the same email address used to activate. Domain B has its own BES but what I wanted to know was whether we are required to wipe the devices first before reactivating them against the BES on Domain B?

Again the users primary email won't be changing but will contacts etc still work, does anyone foresee any issues?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

trevstonbury

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Are you required to wipe blackberry handsets before activating against BES after mailbox migration..?

are both domains in the same exchange org?

if yes then it might work with out wiping, but usually you need to wipe to remove encryption keys

test it prior with a few test accounts

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trevstonbury25
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Are you required to wipe blackberry handsets before activating against BES after mailbox migration..?

Thanks for the quick response.

Answer too your question is im afraid not. The exch org is split

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

in this case you usually have to wipe them

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.