Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
tklanilkumar
My Device: BB TORCH & 9800
My Carrier: idea

BAS webconsole is not working after changing the BES installes machine user account credentials

Hi All,

I have Active Directory and Exchange Server in one machine and in other I have installed BES in this just its asked me to change the credentials when Im starting the the machine. I have created new password from then onwards im not able to see webconsole page i.e., "https://example..com/webconsole/app?page=ReLogin&service=page" .

the two machines are in same domain. i went to all BlackBerry services and for each I changed the password in Logon and i restarted the services and even I restared the machine still im not able to see the proper page for weconsole.

looking for valuable suggestions

Anil

* Give kudos when you like it
* Mark it as a solution if it fixes your issue
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BAS webconsole is not working after changing the BES installes machine user account credentials

Any error messages in the BAS-AS Logfile?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BAS webconsole is not working after changing the BES installes machine user account credentials

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
tklanilkumar

Hi oliver and knottyrope the BAS-AS log-file content is attached please find. 

looking for help

Regards

Anil

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Hi Anil,

Having a quick scan of the BAS-AS logs, it looks like the BAS-AS service cannot connect to the BAS-NCC service.

The log line below suggests this:

com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.CouldNotGetExchangeGCInfoException: Message: 'LOGIN ERROR:  _getExchangeGCInfo Failed to get Global Catalog server name for domain mdmtest.local com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.CouldNotGetGCInfoException: Message: 'getGCHost could not get DC host com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.CouldNotGetDCInfoException: Message: 'getDCHost could not get domain controller information from NCC, com.rim.bes.bas.activedirectory.authentication.ActiveDirectoryAuthenticatorException: Message: 'getDomainControllerInfo Could not complete due to Exception, org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [sslsocket://127.0.0.1:23843/

This suggests the problem could be more related to the BBAS-NCC service, although there are other log errors which I'm not so sure about... Anyway, if you have a look in Task Manager, the BAS-NCC service should be running and using between 70MB and 110MB of memory.

Could you post the BBAS-NCC logs for the same time period as the AS logs?

I did find the following KB article suggesting that the BAS-NCC cannot bind to the correct port: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20563. The error message is very similar to yours and may be worth having a quick look at?

Also, earlier in the logs, I can see an initialization failure but I can't immediately determine the reason for it:

Problem starting service jboss.messaging:service=ClusterServerSocketFactory,type=SSL
java.io.IOException: Error initializing server socket factory SSL context: null

This could be the cause or a symptom of the above, I'm not sure, but getting more information on the BAS-NCC might help confirm or rule out some of the above....

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Developer
tklanilkumar

Hi orangekeeper 

Please find my BAS-NCC relatedd logs which is attached.

Regards

Anil

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Hi Anil,

I found errors in your BAS-NCC log that suggest this might be the issue: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20521

Did you use special characters in your new password for the service account?

Please use plain text.