Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
nujedi
My Device: Not Specified

BB "Express" Server???

I have a BOLD with DATA-VIZ premium. I was using BES through a hosting firm as my company did not have it's own BES. This w/e my company launched it's BES and I activated on it. I noticed that I lost the capability to download attachments and view them native through Data-Viz. The options aren't even in the menu anymore. My IT ADMIN says we are running a version of BES called EXPRESS and that it may not have all the bells and whistles. Is this correct or has my IT guy not set up the service correctly? I REALLY need the native application function on my BB. I also use CORTADO for fax/print capability and have lost that as well.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB "Express" Server???

[ Edited ]

express is only limited to 30 users, thats the only limit unless they have an IT policy that blocks something.

there is also some limits in MDS apps. But sounds like you are not using it.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 02-13-2009 10:42 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nujedi

so they likely solution to my problem is that our IT admin has not provisioned the service correctly to allow for attachment downloading? I noticed they have disabled HTML with the desktop account on my handheld. IS this the likely result of security measure? Is there something they need to enable? 
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would ask the IT admin if they set up any restrictions.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nujedi

I am being told we have a blank it policy, no restrictions. Would it help to wipe the device and reactivate or to have them resend the service books? 
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

SB's are a easy thing to do.

Wipe if you want it is new right?

Might help to remove from BES and add back too.

I am not familiar with datavis but it cant hurt to try.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

knottyrope wrote:
express is only limited to 15 users, thats the only limit unless they have an IT policy that blocks something.

Knottyrope, Express is actually limited to 30 users, not 15.

Small business Edition which went out of prodution a few years ago (ok maybe two) was limited to 15.

Express is another name for Blackberry Professional software. 30 users, not 15.

check out www.blackberry.com/professional

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agault
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

And FYI BES Professional/Express doesn't currently support html functionality
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

My bad, I also corrected my post.

But not sure even if that helps with DataVis or his other app.

Please use plain text.