Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: BDS 6.2 - users not able to send/receive mails after activation

What was the difference to your last try with internal AS? You said you get an error message also with internal AS.
But nice to here that it is solved.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Contributor
Apriya
My Device: z10

first of all this was our lab environment so I had the privilege of creating a new user and trying it again and it worked.

For old user we changed the password and it is also working now.

not sure about the reason though.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

JPK
Contributor
JPK
My Device: Z10

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i'm having the same issue. My mail profile is setup with the internal server name for AS using Exchange but nothing is working? Activation works, but I cannot send/receive or sync contacts and calendar.

All services are running, I can access the Exchange server from the BES Server, no firewall between the two. ActiveSync is setup and enabled for the user (if AS is not enabled you get a error 403 on the phone).

Not sure what else to check? I must be a AS issue but I can't seem to figure out what the issue is? Is there a way to test AS internally?

JPK
Contributor
JPK
My Device: Z10

Nevermind, I was trying to active a Domain Admin, refer to the MS KB:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/620c5ce8-3595-4658-9a7a-ec76c10e4a69.aspx

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If you want your BES and handhelds to work correctly for everyone, all of the time, then you need to follow RIM's guidelines and best practices.

It's called the Principle of Least Privilege

Principle of least privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_privilege

Make yourselves normal users, and then create a secondary login with Domain Admin privileges. Only use that secondary login when necessary.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V