Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jloe
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES 3.6.7 SQL 2005 SP3 upgrade

Had a quick question if anyone can help. I'm running a windows server 2003 enterprise sp2, with SQL Server 2005 express, SP1(9.00.2047.00), and BES 3.6.7... My question is as follows, are there any known compatibility issues with BES 3.6.7 and SQL server express 2005 SP3. There seems to be a CPU synchronizing problem with SQL server. For what I've read SP3 will resolve this issue, but before I do this I need to know if its going to break our primary application(BES).

Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys & Gals,

Jeremy Loe

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 3.6.7 SQL 2005 SP3 upgrade

Not too many will know. 3.6 is no longer supported by RIM. for 999.00 you can get 4.1 and more people will be able to help you.

With having a good backup you can try it, good luck and let us know the results.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jloe

Thanks for the quick response! I'm hoping someone out there had tried this at some point and knows the answer. I personally would loved to upgrade our BES to 4.1, but since we currently only have three people on it, My boss has deemed it un-necessary. Mostly a windows mobile shop :smileysad:, I loved my blackberry.

If anyone out there remembers trying this or knows someone who has please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Would he upgrade for 200?

Install BES pro with freebie and buy 2 CALs.

Get it here

http://www.blackberry.com/select/professional/express.shtml

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
jloe

Thanks Buddy, I'll see what they say. :smileywink:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Welcome, Let us know if you get the OK, to discuss the upgrade process.