Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Passport / Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re:

Just as an update, all still appears to be good and well on the server.. Who woulda thought that a feature that is supported or at least implemented by RIM sucks in practice.

Ohh well, thanks again for the help, life is good again..

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES 4.1.6 Policy service problem.

Hi there Andy and anyone else that picks this up

I have had a look at the KB article posted above KB11716 about server based notification service (DBNS) and the previous threads said that the DBNS was disabled on his server and then the errors went away. I checked my server and didn't even have RimESP.dll under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn. so that tells me DBNS wasn't installed but the article at Blackberry says it is installed automatically when SQL server is local to the BES server.

I have version BES 4.1.6 for MS Exchange 2003

I still get loads of Policy errors

Event ID 20000 Blackberry policy service

{abc@cdf.com, PIN=252D0CB1, UserId=311}WorkerThreadPool::CheckSentQueueForTimeouts - After 4 hours the device has not acknowledged receipt of the SET_ITPOLICY_REQUEST command, requeuing entry id 700

Is there something else i must do to fix this problem?

Basically i get this event above for Most users on the BES server

I found a thread on the Blackberry.com website that said wipe all applications and software off device (as in NUKE BLACKBERRY) and then resync to wireless network