If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
curtis
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES 4.1.6 SQL Database - Anyone know where a user's Software Configuration assignment is stored?

The Subject of this post basically says it all, but I'll elaborate a bit here:

I'm trying to monitor how well our Applications and Software Configurations are deploying to users, and I need to be able to do 2 things:

1) Query the database for all users who are assigned a certain Software Configuration

then

2) Query all installed Applications for these same users

I'll then compare the 2, to see whether or not the correct applications from that Software Config are actually on there users' devices.

I already know how to query for #2, I can see the list of Apps in the SyncDeviceMgmt table

But, I haven't yet been able to find a field anywhere in the database yet that indicates what Software Configuration a user has assigned to them.

I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who's poked around at this level before, and if you've got any insights.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: BES 4.1.6 SQL Database - Anyone know where a user's Software Configuration assignment is stored?

you can see that in BES policy logs, not sure about DB.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BES 4.1.6 SQL Database - Anyone know where a user's Software Configuration assignment is stored?

the handheldconfig table will let you know what Software Configurations you have

the userconfig table (column HandheldConfigId) will tell you which software configuration is assigned to that user in question

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
curtis
My Device: Not Specified

This is so simple, and yet, you have no idea how long I've been trying to get someone to give me this answer... 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

curtis wrote:

This is so simple, and yet, you have no idea how long I've been trying to get someone to give me this answer... 

Thanks

you're quite welcome.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.