Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES 4.1.6 and Exchange 2007

Hi Guys

I've read a lot in forums about calendaring issues etc when moving to Exch 2007, so I just wanted to check that everything was correct before we did.

So far, we have a bunch of Exchange 2003 SP2 servers and 2 BES 4.1.6 servers. We also have Exchange 2007 Hub Transport, CAS and one mailbox server. There are no mailboxes on the 2007 MBX yet apart from test ones.

I have read that Exchange 2007 no longer uses CDO.dll files, so there are no files we need to update when we move mailboxes to 2007? How about the BESAdmin account though - at what point does that need to be moved? First or last, or does it not really matter?

Any help appreciated!

Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: BES 4.1.6 and Exchange 2007

Hey Sheen,

Have a look at KB14502 on the BTSC, it should provide the answers you are looking for.

I hope this helps Robot wink

BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Sorry - I should have said, that's where my questions are coming from? Smiley Happy

The doc doesn't so much deal with a co-existence environment where some users are on Exchange 2003 and some on 2007. Also, not sure when to move the BESAdmin mailbox to the 2007 mailbox server?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Step 2 of the KB shows when to move it.

And they can coexist.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Hi Sorry to sound dumb, but it's not clear to me - hence why I'm asking the question Smiley Happy

To quote from the document;

1. Move the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account mailbox to the new Microsoft Exchange Server. The default name for this account is BESAdmin.
  2. After migrating Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or 2003, verify the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 permissions for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

If we have *multiple* Exchange servers, and they will be migrated to Exchange 2007 over some time - at what point should we move the BESAdmin account? Should it be the first account to be moved to an 07 mailbox server?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]
Follow the http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb14502 that highroad posted.
Message Edited by knottyrope on 04-23-2009 10:59 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V