Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

redfieldz
My Device: Not Specified

BES 4.1 with Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

I am running BES 4.1 on a Server 2003. We upgraded from SAV 10 to SEP 11 mr4. Now we are getting errors in both BES and SEPM. i get the following error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: BMDS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 10/7/2009
Time: 8:36:28 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BES
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( BMDS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:

Error loading: %s

[EN= 203] [EMSG= 桔⁥祳瑳浥挠畯摬渠瑯映湩⁤桴⁥湥楶潲浮湥⁴灯楴湯琠慨⁴慷⁳湥整敲 (0xcb)] [src=尮潳牵散橜癡獡牥敶⹲c][LINE=1044]
Also my Symantec clients cannot connect to the server for updates. I did find something about reinstalling Java related to this error. i tried this and it still gets the error.

Any help would be appreciated.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 4.1 with Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Are you using BES on the SEPM server?

Which version of AV did you pick?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

redfieldz
My Device: Not Specified

Yes SEPM is installed on the BES server. We upgraded from Symantec System Manager SAV 10. Version is SEPM MR4
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

You are going to have issues since both use Java and may fight over resources. Both are database hogs. 

I would suugest moving one to a different server. BES would be easier then SEPM to move.

SEPM MR5 is already out too. Doubt it will fix your issue though.

Move BES to new server:

Read over this for your version, It contains info for many versions.

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

then do a knife edge to new hardware.

KB10278 - How to perform a knife-edge cutover for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Message Edited by knottyrope on 10-07-2009 01:16 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V