Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
chjones
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0 SP4 Migrate User Option Gone?

Hi all,

I have been managing our BES for the past 5 years and we were recently upgraded to 5.0.4 MR2. Everything has been fine since the upgrade, except that we can no longer locate the option to migrate users.

In the past we'd have the odd user where the pending tasks for a device would not complete. The best solution we found to give the tasks a nudge was to use the migrate user option and select the destination BES as the same as the source. This would kick off the tasks and they would then complete.

We are unable to locate this option in 5.0.4.

The installation guide says the following for moving users:

1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry Solution management menu, expand User.
2. Click Manage Users.
3. Click Advanced.
4. In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server criteria section, click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that you want to move
user accounts from.
5. Click Search.
6. Click Manage multiple users.
7. Select the user accounts that you want to move to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server at the same time
8. Click Switch BlackBerry user to different BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
9. Select the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server from the list.
10. Click Save All.
After you finish: Reassign the IT policies to the user accounts.

However, there is no "Advanced" option as mentioned in Step 3. There is no "manage multiple users" as mentioned in Step 6 (only manage mulitple users from an import list is available). And there is no Switch Blackberry User option as mentioned in step 8.

Does anyone know where this option is now, if if even still exists?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: BES 5.0 SP4 Migrate User Option Gone?

Hi There,

On our 5.0.4 BES, the option still exists when you right click on the user's name from the search results window and look within 'User Actions' in the drop down.

However, it doesn't give me the option to choose a destination BES the same as the source (I'm assuming as we only have the one instance in our environment).

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chjones

Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I was looking for. It's a shame we can no longer select the same BES as the destination as that little trick used to save us waiting 1-2 days before we BES would allow the option to manually fail the task.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper

I could have sworn I read somewhere that you can cancel a job by changing it's start date to outside of 30 days in the future, but I can't find the document now. I might have just made that up :-)

I'll have a look in the morning when I'm back in work and see if I can find it again...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chjones

Interesting ... I've never seen or heard of that. In the past we've either had to wait 24-48 hours and then we get the option to manually cancel the task, or we migrated the user to the same BES and that seemed to fail the tasks for us.

If you could find that information that'd be excellent.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper

I'm sorry mate, I must have got things confused. I remember experiencing the problem referenced in http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29446, but couldn't wait the 48 hrs for other tasks to begin. I'd thought I'd changed the date of the pending result task into the future after reading a document but for the life of me can't find it now....

Apologies

Please use plain text.