Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jsalminen
My Device: Not Specified

BES Cutover

Hello, I have recently inherited a BES installation that was thrown together with a ton of other applications. Anyhoo, I have studied and followed the knife edge upgrade to move the installation to another server. During this process I also created a new BES database on MSSQL and backup/restore the current BES database (MSDE) over the original install.

Now, before I shutdown the old BES and startup the new BES I noticed that in the BB Manager console on the new BES server it has references to the old BES server, specifically when viewing the 'Server Configuration' tab and the 'Hostname' field shows the old BES server hostname. Will that change when I startup the services on the new BES? At the moment it is a bit precarious to see that.

Thanks in advance!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Cutover

You are not supposed to change the BES instance name (not the windoze name) with a cutover.

Restore DB again frmo MSDE to SQL

Uninstall BES from new server and reinstall with correct name.

Do not run both at same time with same SRP.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jsalminen
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES Cutover

I kept the BES name the same as the original installation, but of course the Windows server name (netbios, hostname) are different than the original server.