Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Event ID 20206

Hi to everyone,

often we have on our bes server this warning:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    BlackBerry Dispatcher xxxxxxxxxx
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    20609
Date:        10/30/2008
Time:        10:36:16 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    xxxxx
Description:
{xxxxxxx xxxxxxx} CompressEncrypt() failed - no encryption key or the key is not allowed

Could someone explain this warning or gives me some helpful link about this problem?

Thanks in advance

S.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: BES Event ID 20206

This is the only thing I can find on it:

KB05298 - New user receives queued messages after a BlackBerry Enterprise Server restart

Can you provide more info about your environment and what might have been going on at that exact moment?

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Claro

this kb is not more available.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

New user receives queued messages after a BlackBerry Enterprise Server restart

Contents [show]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc ID: KB05298
 Modified Date: 11-20-2006
 Document Type: Support

Print this page

Products
•BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
•BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment
 •BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.1
•IBM® Lotus® Domino®
•SDR93906

Overview

After an upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1, a BlackBerry device user activated with a new BlackBerry device does not receive queued messages.

The BlackBerry Dispatcher (DISP) log displays the following lines:

[40000] (06/06 07:06:21):{0xC80} [BIPPa] (S646576) Received datagram (21902:305)

[20221] (06/06 07:06:21):{0xCAC} {LastName, FirstName} CompressEncrypt() failed, Error=0

After a BlackBerry Enterprise Server restart, the BlackBerry device user receives the queued messages.

Cause

The affected BlackBerry device user was assigned an invalid personal identification number (PIN) in BlackBerry Manager prior to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server upgrade. The BlackBerry Dispatcher receives and drops the message packets because it cannot locate an encryption key for a BlackBerry device with an invalid PIN.

After the upgrade, the BlackBerry device user is assigned the correct PIN. The queued messages are delivered to the BlackBerry device user after the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is restarted.

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

also look at this KB

Article ID: KB19078

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Claro

yes, i took a look into it, but this configuration was ok in the server.