Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jermano
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES Express Permissions

Hello,

I'm running BES Express 4.1 on a 2k3 member server, and we are using Exchange 2k3.I have configured the permissions for the BESAdmin account exactly how the documentation specifies, and I have triple checked with RIM articles online.

However, for some reason I can only get a user to activate once the BESAdmin account is in the domain admin group. With BESAdmin in the Doman Users group only the new user just remains in an 'initializing' state and I find 'user, not started' events in the event log along with some 'SCS::ThreadProc - PollDBQueueNewRequests failed' events.

Obviously this is a permissions problem but I just cannot find it... If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome, the last thing I want is BESadmin in the domain admin group. 

Dave

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: BES Express Permissions

chk this thread for all EA related issues:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&thread.i...

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jermano
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES Express Permissions

Thanks for the link, it does contain some useful info. However I did figure out my problem... One of my mailstores on my Exchange server was set to not inherit permissions. Sheesh, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.