Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Express and Blackberry 10 devices

Can BES Express manage Blackberry 10 devices or do I need to upgrade to BES 10?  If so, is there a BES Express 10?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express and Blackberry 10 devices

ddockter wrote:

Can BES Express manage Blackberry 10 devices or do I need to upgrade to BES 10?  If so, is there a BES Express 10?

BES 10 is free, you only pay for the CALs.

if you want free install a cert and use EAS

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can a BES Express server be upgraded to BES 10 or do you need to do a fresh install of BES 10 and move the devices?  I'm not sure I understand your sentence - "if you want free install a cert and use EAS".

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES Express can not be upgraded to anything except service packs

you need to install BES 10 on a new server or VM for BB 10 devices.

you still need BES Express 5 for JAva devices.

if you want free, install a SSL cert on BB10 and use EAS if you want. This is not BES though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can a BES 10 work alongside a BES Express 5.0.4 off of the same Exchange Server (Exchange 2010 SP3)?

Guru III
My Device:

ECL_IT wrote:

Can a BES 10 work alongside a BES Express 5.0.4 off of the same Exchange Server (Exchange 2010 SP3)?

yes it can