Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
marcinusa
My Device: Not Specified

BES License Key - Where to get

I just got the Bold from AT&T and signed up for the BES. Now, my employer as well as the BES Server is located in Germany and they get their BES User License Keys from Vodafone in Germany.

Talking to AT&T here in the US, they are telling me, that I wouldn't need a license key ??? What's right or wrong here. 

Our IT people tell me, I need the key, to get set up in the DES Server. 

Anybody knows where to get the key now?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BES License Key - Where to get

You may be able to contact your carrier to get one, however it appears as though your company is telling you that you need to purchase a 1-user BlackBerry Enterprise Server Client Access License.

Many corporations purchase this for their users, but it appears that you must eat the $99 cost here.  I would ask your company if they can purchase for you and you provide them with an account to charge or a CC to bill.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
monsterrick
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES License Key - Where to get

In addition to Andy's reply.  Here are some more you may need to know.

As you said, you have signed up for the BES with AT&T.  You need to ask if it is 'BlackBerry Enterprise' data plan or 'BlackBerry Internet-Only' data plan.  Only 'BlackBerry Enterprise' data plan allows integration with your company's BES server.

Be more precise, "BES User License Keys" is better refer as CAL (Client access license) to avoid confusion with BES server license key.  Each BES server needs a server license key for installation.  But the number of users it supports is based on the CAL added into the BES server.

Please use plain text.