Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Messaging Agent Issue

As a new person to the BES setup and support I am trying to get a grasp for the following error message. 

<N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent BES-FEX1PW8LJ35 Agent 1 (Application Event Log on BES-FEX1PW8LJ35) | 01/05/2009 18:16:07  (AFFF4E20) -> {Dean Mantz}-Appointment RefID=0 exists on server only

I received nearly 200 of these once our 1st BlackBerry user registered.  Here is my BES setup details.  Windows 2003 server fully patched with 2 GB RAM running on our VMWare server.  The BES software for Novell GroupWise is 4.1.6 m2 (the fix for 4.1.6), GroupWise client 7.0.3, and SOAP was selected rather than OAPI. It does appear that the contacts and calendar synced correctly as well as being able to send/receive email on it.

Is this Messaging Agent issue due to me running SOAP rather than staying with OAPI?  The reason I ask this is that I never received this message before when the original BES server was setup with 4.1.4 and GroupWise client 6.5.7. Unfortunately, the original BES died and I had to rebuild it.  So, I just rebuilt it as listed above onto my VMWare server. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: BES Messaging Agent Issue

Welcome..

Here is some information that may assist...

VMWare is not a personal choice for BES... But its still somewhat supported.

Check out these links..

VMware software support for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

HERE IS ONE FOR ALL GROUPWISE INFO INCLUDING THE FULL ADMIN AND INSTALL GUIDE

BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise

the most important is the compatibilty matrix, comparing and making sure all ur versions of everything are compatible and support by rim.

BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise® Compatibility Matrix (

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES Messaging Agent Issue

Thanks for the links.  I did check my setup to each one of these and the system is within supported parameters. What I am trying to determine is why I received around 200 alert messages containing the message in my original post.  I guess, the good thing is that those were the only alert messages I received.  

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!