Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
tech
My Device: Not Specified

BES - Out of Coverage - Not Reconciling

Please Help,

BES version 4.1.4.32

Novell Groupwise Client version 7.02

Blackberry Curve

I have 1 client out of 30 that has a reconciliation issue.  For example, Monday, Dec 15th, he was onsite in the office and received 30 emails, however not one of the emails were received by his BB.  Tuesday morning, he was back in the office at 7am and for some reason at 10:07am, his BB began to receive email.  Email was received; however it can not be reconciled.  BB now shows 43 unread emails (13 came in Tues morning).

This is only a problem for the 1 client and has been happening on average about once a month for the last 6 months.  I have called BES support and ran through several steps and there suggestion was that the client is out of the coverage area and then when he comes back in, the BES dumps the data and then tries reconciliation but fails because of the amount of the data.  I find that answer hard to believe as 30 emails is minor in comparison.  At BB’s tech support request, I have swapped the phone for a brand new Curve and still the issues continue.  I have recreated the account and wiped the BB more then once.  Reconcile now is unsuccessful and removing the battery does nothing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: BES - Out of Coverage - Not Reconciling

I think it sounds like he has terrible coverage where ever he goes after work.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tech
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for your reply.  Even if the coverage was poor, shouldnt the BB still sync and reconcile with the BES when he was back in the office?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Try upgrading OS if not already.
Please use plain text.