Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rbtriplett
My Device: Bold 9000

BES Resource Kit 4.1.6.8 Bug?

We are using RK 4.1.6.8 which is the latest version available for download.  The RK is used for an in-house developed account automation (create,delete,reset,etc). 

The -FIND option retrieves account information for the specified account.  One of the items retrieved is the Service Name, it is the name of the BES containing the account.  We have 1 service account that supports multiple BESs so we rely on the Service Name to know which BES to remove an account from.

When an account is added to a group the Service Name result contains the name of the group instead of the server name.  When the account is removed from the group, the Service Name contains the correct information.

Does anyone know of a fix?  Is this a known bug with the RK?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Retired
HighRoad

Re: BES Resource Kit 4.1.6.8 Bug?

Which one of the BRK tools are you trying to leverage?
BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbtriplett

We are using this command:

BESUserAdminClient

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

It is a known issue if you have custom groups set up. Use the 4.1.5 version of the BRK to circumvent the problem.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbtriplett

Do you happen to know if RK 4.1.5 support single quotes in the account name?  ex: O'Halloran

We upgraded from the RK we were using to 4.1.6.8 after we enabled support for Europe and found the bug.  I don't know which version of the RK we were using though, I think it was 4.1.1.15.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Hmm.. I dont know, I am working in a test enviroment I can let you know shortly

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbtriplett

Here's an example of the problem with the previous RK we used.  I searched email and it looks like we were still using RK 4.0.4.17. 

An existing account was not found: 

[08:00:11] BESUserAdmin::main - Log Start [08:00:16] BESUserAdmin::FindUser - (John_O'Halloran@ouremail.com) Finding user...

[08:00:16] BESUserAdmin::FindUser - Problem finding user. Error Code: -46 (No results found.) [08:00:16] BESUserAdmin::main - Log End

A new account was trying to be created.  The account creation failed because the account really did exist:

[08:00:22] BESUserAdmin::main - Log Start [08:00:25] BESUserAdmin::smileyvery-happy:oAddUser - (John_O'Halloran@ouremail.com) Preparing to add user...

[08:00:25] BESUserAdmin::smileyvery-happy:oAddUser - (John_O'Halloran@ouremail.com) User already exists on BES Instance BES_NAME. Error Code: -20 (User exists.).

[08:00:25] BESUserAdmin::main - Log End

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

so you are using 4.0 BRK on BES 4.1, that would explain alot.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.