Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
dayna
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES and BIS Question...

My husband receives discounted phones and service from AT&T (from his employer.) I went on the website last night and looked at the phones. I've decided to get the BB Curve 8310. While picking out the phone and data plans I noticed that the only option for data plans is the BES...not the BIS. Since this is going to be used by me for personal use, is the BES going to pose a problem? I just want to check gmail, surf online, etc. I don't need to access a VPN or a company server or anything like that.

Any help is appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BES and BIS Question...

dayna - The BES plan won't pose any problems ... except you'll have to pay $10 / mo more (well at least for us normal folks ... not sure what kind of a deal you're getting).

I would have him check and get you on a BIS plan if you'll save any money.  You'll be able to do everything you've listed on either plan.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

The BES plan includes everything provided with the BIS plan.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dayna
My Device: Not Specified

Andy: I think it's a good deal. The phone is $74.99 and the total plan is 68.74/mo. (which includes BES unlimited data for $33.75/mo., the 450 minutes plan, and 200 text messages.) I also had the option of getting the BES with tethering (5 GB) for $45.

Andy and D Fisher: Thanks for the help. :-)

Please use plain text.