Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jmrunge
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

BES over BIS Question

Hi, I have a Curve 9300 with a BIS plan from Personal (Argentina).  I also have setted up a BES Express 5 server on my company and activated my Curve on it.  My question is, as far as I can see, the data traffic to my BES server is not covered by the BIS plan (Im getting charged for it!!!).  Is this correct, can this be happening?  If that is correct, would my Curve work without BIS (enabling some normal data plan) with my BES Express?  I've seen it works under WiFi when I'm somewhere whitout coverage.  What is the normal architecture I should have to use BES?

Kind regards,

Juan Martin Runge

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES over BIS Question

This is something you need to take up with your carrier.

BES Express will not work on a generic dataplan.

There is a way to make it work on wifi only, but only with your local wifi at teh company.

OS 6 and higher will use wifi first data and could cut down on charges.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jmrunge
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

Re: BES over BIS Question

Thank you very much.  I just tested with a chip with a generic dataplan and didnt worked, as you told... Will have to engage in combat with my carrier! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.