Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
mekto16
My Carrier: T-mobile

BES - problem

Hi
In my company I create a Blackberry enterprise server expres version 5.0.3.41.BESx is a connected to active directory and microsoft exchange 2007.
We create some acount for user, next we buy a curve 9320. A president of my company want to disable option to create another account in phone (like gmail...) Where i can disable this option. (Now all user can chose "configuration" ->email account-> there you can create a BlackBerry ID, and user have access to create some account"

My second question is how to import MSexchange 2007 address book (GAL-global access list) to my BESx

Now is looks like this - none defined  

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES - problem

you cant block personal email with express

I never liked the GAL for that. Remote lookups are ok but i like it fast on device.

This is what we do.

Not the best solution but it works very well offline outlook, BB smart phones and windows um mobile things

This also teaches the user how to better manage their contacts via categories.

Also we have outlook do lookups in the personell list (copy to favorites and enable address book) and not use GAL.
HR can manage it easier from a public folder too as an added bonus.

How users update:
go to contacts
View arrange by category
Delete catagory personnel list

Goto public folders/personnel list
highlight first user
press ctrl a
Drag drop into contact folder

is this easy enough?

All of our users do it this way for the last 3 years. Also since we are on outlook 2003 we even use Outlook PCS to sync them with one click.

also we enabled public folder contact sync which works well but you have to set for each user in BES

Codetwo has a nice way to sync fodlers in exchange but its a bit pricy

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.