Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
Sheen
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES service account lockout

We had an issue today where our BES service account was almost locked out by a junior admin. This caused me a few alarm bells! If this happens again (and the account does actually get locked out by someone), I assume BES services will fail?

And how would I know the cause is the BES account being locked out, what would I be looking for in the logs etc?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES service account lockout

never tried to lock out the account.

I dont think it would effect anything unless a new connection was to be made.

Since it is late in the day, I might try it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok mine is locked out now

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Still getting emails on device

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

or maybe they wer sent after lockout was over

got this in event viewer

Event ID 1639

The description for Event ID ( 1639 ) in Source ( MSExchangeCDO ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: blah blah user info

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

no one has reported any issue

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

MAGT shows this a few times.

[30001] (01/20 15:36:49.785):{0xBC0} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Code = 800406f9, WCode = 04f9, Code meaning = IDispatch error #1273,
[30002] (01/20 15:36:49.785):{0xBC0} Server = , Mailbox =  Description = The information store could not be opened. [MAPI 1.0 - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]
[30180] (01/20 15:36:49.785):{0xBC0} {mlowe} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Error in call m_spCalendarFolder = m_spCDOSession->GetDefaultFolder
[40000] (01/20 15:36:49.785):{0xBC0} CDO initializing failure in CDO helper 0ee1ec60 (1)

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sheen
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks knotty

I wasn't sure if the service account lockout would only cause problems if I needed to restart services (and they couldn't start).

So I guess there is nothing in the logs that explictly says, "BES Service account [whatever it's called] is locked out"?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I did not see anything like that at all in the logs.

Please use plain text.