Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
AndreBESUser
My Device: BB Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

BES with Outlook conflict

My company uses the BES for e-mails only and I use Outlook as my personal contact maangement software.

Everytime I sync my phone with my computer to update my calander and contacts, it corrupts my access to the BES and I can no longer access my company e-mails. (Personal home e-mails are not affected)

So far, everyone is telling me I need to replace my Blackberry with an Android or i-Phone to get around this issue.

I like my Blackberry, can anyone out there help?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES with Outlook conflict

Did you install it with BES option? If installed with BIS you issue can happen.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am talking Desktop Manager.

What are you syncing? Most everything syncs Over The Air and DM is not needed for it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AndreBESUser
My Device: BB Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

1 - Not sure I understand your BES vs. BIS question

2 - I'm syncing my calendar & contacts that are stored on my personal computer in Outlook.  I only use the company's Microsoft Exchange server for e-mails.

3 - I discovered a program called gSyncit that apparently will sync my contacts & calendar from Outlook to a G-mail account which they claim I can then have my Blackberry sync with wirelessly, which would eliminate using Desktop Manager which would eliminate the issue of DM reconfiguing my BES settings everytime I sync making me loose my BES connection.  Would you consider this a way to proceed?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

That sounds like a good way to do it, if wanting to sync personal calendar and not the work one.

Please use plain text.