Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
IWCGroup
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Bes 10 Adding Users - Tried almost every single troubleshooting known on these support forums

Hi Everyone,

I just implemented Blackberry 10 and have sucessfully activated quite a few users.

I activated 1 particular user, but I forgot to give him an e-mail profile, so I deleted him from the Manage Users under Blackberry Solution Management.  I've let the server sit to sync with exchange for half a day, and tried to add this user again, and he's no where to be found.

The error I receive is as follows:

" The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for.  Verify the search criteria you specified and try again."

I've tried everything, and scoured through many great articles, but only for Bes 5.

Started and stopped services.

Rebooted both exchange server & the bes server.

Verified the address on both active directory, exchange and the bes.

This user is an existing user.

There's no issues with this user in any other respect.

I tried to push a sync, like in the old Bes 5 days under Blackberry Solution Topology, but the 'email' option is no where to be found.

I tried the 'advanced options' in managed users to see if the user queue for pending users to delete this user was there, but again, no where to be found.

I'm baffled.

Anybody with any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: Bes 10 Adding Users - Tried almost every single troubleshooting known on these support forums

Are you able to find other users?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
dscott0027

Re: Bes 10 Adding Users - Tried almost every single troubleshooting known on these support forums

Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same issue with two users and taken all steps you have mentioned. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBP1
My Device: 9300

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have same problem which I think is down to the user being deleted while tasks still to be completed for the user. I am trying to find out how to purge these to see if this will allow the user to be re created. Also one is able to find other names without problem to create new user. Any guidance gratefully received.

Please use plain text.
jvdgriendt
My Device: 9810 / Z10

Got the same problem here. Reactivated a user. Could it be the problem of the activation hours?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBP1

Hi jv,
Not sure of the location for that setting as not long in using this BES I have seen the setting for the activation password but not for hours. I have change the setting in the Job Schedule Settigs so that the purge jobs is 1 day now as to the original 7 and also the Mark job as failed from 30 down to 1 as well to see what happens.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IWCGroup

Oliwer,

When I select on Create User, and click on Search, all the users that have not been activated show up here.  The user that I deleted does not show up on this list, and I don't know how to get the user back on this list.

I've set the user up for activ sync now and it works fine, but Im still having issues with creating this user on the bes to activate.

Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulBenwell

[ Edited ]

He is queued to be deleted. To fix this do the following..

Under Manage Users look for "View more criteria" - it's the opposite side of the page from the search button.

This adds some extra options to the search features,

Then under 'User Criteria' change the option 'Queued to delete the user': from False to True

Then do a search and the user(s) should appear as Pending for Deletion

You can then force the deletion through and they reappear on the Add User list.

Hope that helps.

Paul Benwell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IWCGroup

Paul.  You are awesome!  This worked perfectly.  I've been scouring the net for nearly 2 weeks and have been unsuccessful.

Thanks so much for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBP1

Paul,

You are a Star and a Gent as soon as one has gone through your steps one can see the user I want to create again so it was the hanging task.

Again Thanks.

Please use plain text.