Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
andyquiroz
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Cloud Services for Exchange 2010/2013

This is pretty basic, I know that BlackBerry Cloud Services is available for Office365 but I am wondering if the same hosted services are available for on premise Exchange 2010/2013?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Cloud Services for Exchange 2010/2013

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify...to my mind, "hosted services" and "on premise" are contradictory... Plus, "Exchange 2010/2013" isn't relevant...what is relevant is OWA, POP, IMAP, or BES. There are many hosting services that provide those services, including single-user BES.

On the other hand, if your desire is to have in-house servers for everything, then you need BES to achieve full OTA integration of your activated devices.

So, please clarify your actual desire, and perhaps we can then provide you with useful guidance.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andyquiroz
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for your response.

To be clear, I am asking if there is a hosted service offered for companies that run their own Exchange 2010 environment.  Much like how RIM offers hosted services for Office365 users, do they offer the same for companies running their own Exchange 2010. 

I am not asking about hosting anything in-house.  I currently have a BES server and I am looking to move away from hosting my own BES and maybe paying BlackBerry to host it for me much like they do for Office365 subscribers.

If BlackBerry does offer cloud services, is it the similar to the BES services I currently host?  Anything on BlackBerry site explaining the different hosting plans or something? 

It seems to my understanding that this is only avaialble to Office365 subscribers only, I hope I am incorrect.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Typically, BES and Exchange are hosted at the same location, for they need to interact with each other extensively in order to provide all services. I've never heard of a hosting service that provides only BES, while you maintain your Exchange environment internally.

Since you currently have BES, I'd advise you to use your formal support channels rather than this user-to-user community to make this inquiry.

Simultaneously, I'm going to ask that this thread be moved over to the BES ares of the site...this section is the end-user area, and I suspect that other BES admins will have better insight into your questions.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If you own BES 4.x or 5.x now,(not BES Express) you can upgrade for free to BES 10

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server-L...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.