Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
pkluss
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Messenger

HH - 2.1.18

The server is OCS 2007 R2 with CWA R1 (as I've been told that R2 won't work yet).

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Did you enable enhanced presence for the user on your OCS server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkluss

I did, just double-checked.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On the CWA side is windows authentication disabled and defaulting to Form-based authentication?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkluss

Both Windows Authentication and Forms Authentication are enabled on the CWA.  Is this not as it should be?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Disable forms based and see if it connects.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkluss

I made the change, but still get the same error.  I'm on the phone with AT&T support and trying to work through this with them.  I've spoken to two reps so far that haven't even known what Enterprise Messenger is (they're confusing it with Enterprise Paging).  I'm currently waiting for them to connect me to BlackBerry which I would assume would give me a better chance of success.  To be honest, it's not something that I expect will be resolved (maybe I'm a pessimist), but if they do figure it out I'll definitely post the solution.

Thanks for your help so far.  If you have any other suggestions, I'll gladly give them a shot.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Since you have made the changes have you restarted your BES or at least restart the colobaration service?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkluss

I did restart the server when making the changes, it didn't make a difference.  I finished up with AT&T tech support and they told me it's a RIM issue (which makes sense).  I don't have a support contract and it's not worth it to me to do a pay-per-issue case on this right now.  If we have to do without it, we'll do without it.  I'd just like to solve it to satisfy my own personal nerdy curiosities.

I'll continue to try most anything you come up with.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Give these a review:

KB10692 - Common issues with BlackBerry Collaboration Service and BlackBerry Instant Messaging Conne...

KB13530 - How to set up the BlackBerry Collaboration Service

Also, make sure the collaboration service is enabled for the user ... also, verify that the user can login via CWA

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.