Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
hardeepsingh
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Manager - Application Error

Hi All

I need to make an amendment to a BlackBerry IT policy and when I launch the BlackBerry Manager and go to the Global Tab and click on edit properties I get the error message “Application Error – Please report to support personnel if a problem persists”

I can view, add and amend existing blackberry users just can’t get in to edit the IT policy?

Event Viewer Errors (x2)

Source: MNGR

Type: Error

Description:

PropertyTreeBuilder40::create40ClusterGroup(): ASCL error encountered:  

Type: Error

Description:

Caught ASCLException with error code [201] and error message [201 - '255-255-candc_refresh_interval_test ' Property type does not match type on server]  

I tried to amend an IT policy and in the user defined section of the policy entered candc_refresh_interval_test looks like this may be causing the problem but I don’t know where in the SQL database this value would be located to delete it. Could anybody help please?  

Logged on as BESADMIN

Running BlackBerry Manager 4.1.6 MR3  

BES on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

BES database on SQL Server 2005 – Windows Authentication

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Manager - Application Error

I would open up SSMS and open the table for ITPolicyTemplate2 and start looking for your entry.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hardeepsingh
My Device: Not Specified

Thats worked.

Thanks Knottyrope

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.

Glad to hear it worked.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DwightS
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am receiving exactly the same error within BlackBerry Manager.

I however do not get the same errors in the Event Viewer:

Caught ASCLException with error code [201] and error message [201 - '255-255-addressbook_merge_tool_allowed_exec ' Property type does not match type on server]

how should I go about investigating what could be causing the error?H

Any help would be greatly appreciated

INFO:

using BESADMIN account

BlackBerry Manager 4.1.6.23

BES on Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2

BES database on SQL server 2005 (windows authenticated)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

what were you doing on BES before this happened?

also look at

Remove duplicate contact lists or calendars that do not synchronize with the BlackBerry Enterprise S...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DwightS

Thats the tricky bit, we basically have 3 BES admins that administer the server (ensuring there is always someone around incase something needs to be done)

All I've been doing is adding/removing users, using GWItemInfo Tool to track messages. Just basic administrative tasks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

did the above Link give you any help? it might be that some one used it once

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DwightS

I have used that before to remove a duplicate address book from one of the users, but that was a couple of months back, and this error has only started about 2 months ago (knowing it could still have caused the problem in the first place even if it wasn't immediate)

Please use plain text.