Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
russelljl
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry not syncing e-mail wirelessly

When connected via cable, it syncs e-mail. When wireless, it does not sync e-mail (neither send nor receive). Not sure why.

Background: We have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server and use Microsoft Exchange 2003. We have 12 existing BlackBerries that work fine (full size keyboard models). We just got three new BlackBerries, our first BlackBerry Pearl models. We activated them with the cable to the BES server like we normally do and they activated fine. When connected to the cable, they sync e-mail (both send and receive). But, when wireless they do not.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BlackBerry not syncing e-mail wirelessly

Contact the carrier of the device and ensure that a BlackBerry Enterprise data plan has been provisioned and not a BlackBerry Internet only data plan.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry not syncing email wirelessly

In the case that they do have a BES plan with the carrier you can check the sent message status. If an email bounces back with an X next to it open it up and check the 'message status'. The description can tell us where the problem is
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
russelljl

Thank you - that solved it - that was the issue, didn't have BES service plan applied; spoke with service provider and it is now fixed. thanks!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Glad to hear; woot!
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wesm

We have had the same problems with a couple of cellular providers. Seems the salespeope will set up the "billing" for the Enterprise plan, but the phone itself is not provisioned. This makes it real fun when trying to set it up on our BES wirelessly. And the phones came from the same store, so they should have learned by now.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

start getting used to it. it will never end.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wesm

I'm just ranting. i was on the phone for over half an hour setting one up. Plus the provider never charged the "extra" amount for the BES plan. Someone needs to take "skippy "at the counter aside and properly train them.

I guess the mantra......Never Assume Anything truly applies.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

wesm wrote:

Someone needs to take "skippy "at the counter aside and properly train them.

Not seen it yet in 3 years. Not sure it ever will.

Best you can do is get tsupport and look here.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&thread.i...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.