Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
tbkru
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8820 problem receiving messages from Exchange

We had a recent event with a 8820 phone not communicating with the Excange server.  All messages stopped being received and went through the normal proceedures, remove the battery, verified signal strength, downloaded new service books etc, and after reactivating the phone we noticed that there were 37 calendar events, which he should of had many more.  It stated downloading those events up to 34 of 37 then the phone stopped.  30 minutes later we started noticing that Calendar events were being deleted from our CEO's calendar, not on the phone but in Outlook.  We then reset the phone to factory defaults and rebuilt everything again.  Now the phone works properly but the Calendar damage was done.  It's not a very nice thing for a CEO to lose Calendar events!

What would cause this problem and how would thing event lead to deleting of Calendar events?

Thanks for anyone's help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry 8820 problem receiving messages from Exchange

something else was doing it ... the only way you delete from Exchange through BB is to do it from the handheld ... I would look through your Exchange logs to see where / when the items were purged.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tbkru

Thanks for the input, I will have someone look through the log but it appears to have come from the issue with the phone.  We had all parties with access to the e-mail account in one room not using the account.  Something happened during the reactivation of the phone caused the issue but I'm new to BlackBerry.

Is there anything else that could have cause the deleting of events from the phone per a corruption?

Thanks,

Tim

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tbkru

I guess to make this more simple.  Could something happen, like a corruption on the phone, that could cause it to start deleting events on Exchange in this person's Calendar because that seems to be what happened.  Also is this common or does this never happen.  If it happens can you tell me what may cause this because I can't afford to have it happen again.

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

*could* something like this happen; yes absolutely.  However I've never seen or head of something like this ever happening due to a problem with a BlackBerry handheld.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.