Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Tony-h
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry Enterprise Activation Missing

Hi there folks, looking for some help on this one.

Our work server recently packed in where the operating system had to

be re-installed along with alll the blackberry exchange software, was down for about

2 weeks in total. 

When trying to go in to the phone to set up the blackberry enterprise activation, the option is missing, this is

the case for all the handsets we have 7 in total. seems very strange as it was only a few months ago we got new

handsets and the enterprise activation option was available.

The company that just set up our exchange software on our server said we would have to scrub all the handsets

and put them back to their factory default settings for the blackberry enterprise activation option to show

up, would this be the case or is there another way round it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

Tony.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Activation Missing

This is usually due to an incorrect data plan on the account. The data plan determines whether or not the Enterprise Activation option is displayed on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You should contact with your mobile service provider and ask them to provision BES data plan as suggested above by John.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
dunston
My Device: Bold

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Interesting. Never knew that was there. You'll still want to verify your plans are provisioned correctly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Tony-h

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies, i downloaded the Enterprise Activation app last night however

still can't get connectted, I've been on to the IT guy again to make sure everything at their end has been set up

correctly, all is well at their end and on our server

We have been using email on our handsets for a number of years so our data plan is correct.

Tony.

Guru I
John_Clark

It wouldn't be the first time a carrier changed plans without telling anyone. BlackBerry comes with the Enterprise Activation feature already installed and viewable. It is the personal (no BES) data plan that actually removes it.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Can you please check back with your mobile service provider? Please do and let know their reply.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Tony-h

Looks like I'll need to try scrubbing the phone back to factory default to see if this will resolve the issue..

Tony.

New Contributor
Tony-h

No probs, I'll double check with our service provider firstly.

Tony.