Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Activation Missing

A wipe will bring back the option but once the device registers on the network it will go away again if the data plan is not provisioned correctly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony-h
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Checked with our service provider, looks like everything is fine their end, there has been no changes to our

data plan, think i'll try scrubbing the handset, will let you know how it goes.

Tony.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony-h

Did a full format of the handset, re-installed Enterprise Activation, put in my email address & password, still

can't get connected.....

Any ideas ?

Tony.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What is the error message you receive? Your password hasn't timed out, has it? Remember that your password has to be set each time by the IT admin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony-h

Password was reset before i started the activation, dunno what the bloody issue is, everything was working fine

up until our server went **bleep** up... should be fairly straight forward to connect again.

Tony.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony-h

someone has suggested I try the following :

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/01/remove-blackberry-it-policy/

Tony.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You can try that. However, there is no IT policy that would prevent a BlackBerry from talking to the very server that pushed the policy in the first place.

Does your company have a T-Support contract with RIM? It might be time to contact them.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony-h

The message i get is :

The Blackberry Enterprise server has not responded to your activation

request. An error may have occurred.

More Details

Continue Activation

Cancel Activation

Tony.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I just read your original post again. You said you all got new handsets a couple months ago? Because the EA option disappeared from all the handsets that really does indicate an incorrect data plan. I know you talked to them and said nothing changed but you need to be 100% sure that the data plan they have you on is a BES plan and not a BIS plan. A BIS only plan will remove the EA option from the BB device. Otherwise the EA option should always stay on the device. I'm on a BES, and a BES plan, and I always have the option. It doesn't go away.

Again, I know you've done this already but you need to be sure your data plan is a BES plan. I really think that is at the heart of the problem.

When you call them back tell them the problem you're having and see if they can get your case escalated to RIM support. You have to press for that as they don't always just offer it. It's no cost to you.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If not on BES Express 5, you need a BES dataplan.

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.