Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Finesherb
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Enterprise Server Consolidation

We recently just merged with another company and I'd like to consolidate their BES server for exchange to just one server located at my location. They are both running the same version 5.0.2.28. The question I have is regarding CAL's and user setup.

CAL's - Is it as simple as exporting the cal key from their server and importing to mine?

User setup - Is there a tool that will export their users and enable me to import?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Server Consolidation

Finesherb wrote:

We recently just merged with another company and I'd like to consolidate their BES server for exchange to just one server located at my location. They are both running the same version 5.0.2.28. The question I have is regarding CAL's and user setup.

CAL's - Is it as simple as exporting the cal key from their server and importing to mine?

User setup - Is there a tool that will export their users and enable me to import?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Click on BlackBerry Domain on the left pane.
Then in the right pane, select the 'Global' tab, expand 'Account', and choose 'License Management'.
You should see:
License Total:
Used:
Free:

or

From command-line, you can do the following:

bcp "select LicenseKey from BESMgmt.dbo.LicenseKeys where type = 0" queryout c:\licensekeys.txt -c -T -R -E -Sdbservername

That will export all installed license keys to the text file specified in the command. Just be sure to change dbservername to your SQL/MSDE server. This needs to be run from a server/machine that has bcp.exe installed, though (installed by default with SQL and MSDE installations).

there are ways to export users and import but being on a different exchange org will be fun matching them unless you are exact.

how many users are we talking about?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Finesherb
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Server Consolidation

I'll be using the information that is included in this documentation to Export/Import the CAL. As far as the user setup is concerned I'll be manually setting those up as you mentioned they will be coming from anothe Exchange org.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03300

We are talking about 35 - 40 users. Not that much of a nightmare :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the response!

Please use plain text.