If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sansnil
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Exchange Server with MySQL

Does anyone know or has anyone used MySQL with Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange instead of Microsoft's SQL Server? I want to know if SQL Server is absolutely required or if other database solutions are possible.

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Exchange Server with MySQL

BES can use MSDE 2000 (free) for up to 500 users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sansnil
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, knottyrope that's definitely a good possibility.

The reason I asked about mysql specifically was that I'm going to be moving to SBS 2008 which will be a 64-bit version so I'm not sure if MSDE 2000 will work correctly in that environment. Of course having something optimized for 64-bit would be of interest but as long as MSDE 2000 will run well in a 64-bit system that sounds very functional.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES can not be installed onto 2008 yet.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

sansnil wrote:
Thanks, knottyrope that's definitely a good possibility.

The reason I asked about mysql specifically was that I'm going to be moving to SBS 2008 which will be a 64-bit version so I'm not sure if MSDE 2000 will work correctly in that environment. Of course having something optimized for 64-bit would be of interest but as long as MSDE 2000 will run well in a 64-bit system that sounds very functional.

mysql is not supported in any capacity with any BES / BPS product.  You can use a database on a 64-bit WS2008, or use BES on an x64 version of WS2003.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.