Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AaronAnderson
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry MVS pilot question - Is a VPN required for the MVS client to connect from public/home wifi access points?

We have installed a fully functioning Blackberry MVS. We want to be able to use the voip-over-wifi functionality while connected to public/ATT/home/personal access points. 

Is a VPN on the blackberry required for this to function? I have heard some things from our reps and sales people that it should connect through the RIM servers just like normal BES traffic does. 

<rant>

Documentation is incredibly sparse for this product. It is obvious that RIM/Blackberry does not want us installing this without "help" from our channel partners and vendors. We asked for a statement of work to do a technology demo for 5 phones just to be able to test calls in our headquarters.... The number was 5 digits long for a 3 week project. </rant>

2 of us have been working on it for 2 days and have everything working fully except calls from external access points. 

This is a product we want to roll out in a much larger scale, and this is the last peice we need. Thanks for any help that can be provided. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AaronAnderson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry MVS pilot question - Is a VPN required for the MVS client to connect from public/home wifi access points?

Anyone have this running? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jstannell
My Device: BOLD 9000

Re: Blackberry MVS pilot question - Is a VPN required for the MVS client to connect from public/home wifi access points?

We've just deployed MVS with the help of CVD and want to get the VPN part working so we can take advantage of the over stressed WIFI at BlackBerry World in a week or so.  Any help gratefully received.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anowik
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

I am trying to install MVS with VPN (though a PIX FW). The VPN works fine ( I am able to ping between BB, MVS and BES) , but the voice packets does not go through the tunnel. Did you be able to let de MVS works though de VPN ?

Regards

Adrian

Please use plain text.