Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

OITdnrBB
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Upgrade

Hello,

This is my first time posting so please be gentle with me.  I am wanting to upgrade my BES 4.1.2 (which is on a windows 2003 server) to BES 4.1.6.  We are currently using exchange 2003 also.  I would like to get some feedback from others that have done this upgrade and the possible problems that you have seen.  More important should I be jumping that many service packs in the first place.  Any expertise would be greatly appreciated. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Upgrade

Was a painless upgrade for me and many others.

all service packs are culmative you dont have to install the inbetween ones.

MR1 has to be installed after 4.1.6

If using remote blackberry manager (not desktop) update it as well.

HTML is the best part of it on devices with OS4.5 and higher.

Dont foget to backup the database before upgrading!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

[ Edited ]

Best practices:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10555&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Message Edited by BBsingh on 10-30-2008 07:07 PM
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

OITdnrBB wrote:

Hello,

This is my first time posting so please be gentle with me.  I am wanting to upgrade my BES 4.1.2 (which is on a windows 2003 server) to BES 4.1.6.  We are currently using exchange 2003 also.  I would like to get some feedback from others that have done this upgrade and the possible problems that you have seen.  More important should I be jumping that many service packs in the first place.  Any expertise would be greatly appreciated. 

4.1 SP2 to 4.1 SP6 (MR1/MR2) is a major upgrade.  You're introducing lots of new functionality ... I would highly recommend reading through the release notes of SP3/4/5/6 to see what changes are in the service packs along with what bugs / issues are known.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/